Tinkering Monkey, an architectural signage company, is seeking an industrial painter to produce quality finishes in a high speed environment.
Each project differs in size, material, and complexity, which requires frequent shifts in direction. Therefore, this position is ideal for an experienced painter with high attention to detail and enjoys working on different challenges everyday.
- All work must be done between the hours of 8am-6pm on location in Berkeley, CA.
- 4-8 hour paint shifts available, depending on production workload.
- Opportunity for additional hours available if candidate is qualified to take on other fabrication duties outside of painting (please inquire)
- Heated spray booth and all PPE equipment supplied.
- Wage: Hourly, rate DOE
- Starts: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all mixing station, spray equipment, booth maintenance, and repair scheduling.
- Responsible to communicate needs from and to other departments and team members
- Prep ALL products such as manufactured parts fabricated with aluminum, steel, plastics, HDU foam, wood for primer and paint. This may include sand blasting or vapor honing metal parts.
- Prime and paint using appropriate steps and product use
- Use Matthews Single Stage Paint System, including catalyzed paint, filler primer, metal primer, epoxy primer, and clear.
- Able to find Matthew’s paint formulas online and mix paint efficiently to match job requirements in order to minimize waste.
- Deliver the finished product to the appropriate team member upon completion
- Proper and safe disposal of waste products
- Responsible for color matching
- Produce high quality finishes
- Identify and address any flaws in surface quality that may affect final finish. Can include filling with Bondo style filler, wet sanding rough surfaces, or filling holes in wood.
- Paint multiple colors on single parts via masking
- Cleans and maintains paint system and equipment
- Hanging material on racks as well as load and unload spray booth
- Sand and use power tools as needed
- Track and coordinate inventory levels of supplies and notify others in a timely manner when more supplies are needed
- Prepare sample mockups
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- 3-5 years of PPG/Matthews paint or similar color mixing / catalyzed paint system
- 3-5 years extensive knowledge of surface preparation methods, adhesion testing and coating compatibility
- High competency with HVLP gun. We use 3M Accuspray, but are flexible to use your preferred gun
- Ability to multi-task and maintain keen attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish colors