This posting has closed.
Order Processing Specialist
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for someone to join our team and be on the front lines of communication with our customers.
Tinkering Monkey is a small signage studio that specializes in building customizable wood, metal, and painted signs. You’ll take the lead on our ordering process and handle each transaction from start to finish.
Here’s the best part: we have amazing customers. They find us primarily through social media, online search and word-of mouth. What keeps our customers happy and loyal is our high level of craftsmanship, our simple ordering process, and top notch customer support. That’s where you come in.
- You’re passionate about helping others.
- You have excellent communication skills, and you’re well-versed in email etiquette. You have a keen sense for when a straightforward response is needed and other times when an descriptive image or emoji says it all.
- You’re tech-savy, and have a willingness to become an expert at our online tools.
- You’re detail-oriented. You can listen to our customer’s needs, and recommend a solution based on our products and capabilities.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing daily.
- You are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to multi-task.
- You’re curious about the physical world. You don’t mind learning about different woods, installation types, and production methods.
- You’re flexible. As with any growing company, this can be an unstructured and shifting environment. There’s a shared understanding that we’re still learning as we go, and we’re passionate about improving our products and processes.
- You have a good sense of humor 😀
A typical day involves…
- Answering 20-50 customer tickets a day in Zendesk, including following up with customers who haven’t responded recently. You’ll also help create and edit helpful support documentation for common questions.
- Creating custom product pages in Shopify (example). This will require minimal Photoshop work and using our price calculator.
- Ordering parts from our suppliers.
- Managing our production queue in Trello—one of our greatest challenges as a small studio is managing turnaround times and setting realistic expectations with our customers.
- Having open communication with the team for any questions or issues.
The nitty gritty
- You work your own hours from a remote location (US based only). Tinkering Monkey may not be your only employer; we’re cool with that.
- You can adapt to peak periods. We estimate about 4-6 hours per business day from Jan – Aug, and close to 6-8 hours per day from Sep – Dec. While hours are flexible, we would encourage a minimum 4 hour response time.
- This is a contract position. Compensation DOE. Must have computer and reliable internet connection.
- Almost all communication is online. Customers contact us only through email and our web forms.
- On-boarding: During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly. Once fully up-to-speed (1 week), you’ll shadow us (~1-2 week) and eventually start responded to tickets on your own.
Send the following to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 1, 2016:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d be perfect for this role.
- You’re awesome and can work anywhere – why work at Tinkering Monkey?
- Please describe a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great—or tell us about a time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
- Make a quick guide to building a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (Seriously.)
- Whoops! We made a few grammatical mistakes in this job post. Let us know what they are.