We’re looking for someone who is confident working with their hands. What keeps our customers happy and loyal is our simple ordering process, top notch customer support, and our high level of craftsmanship. That’s where you come in.
Tinkering Monkey is signage studio that specializes in building customizable wood, metal, and painted signs. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for someone to join our team and help us fabricate signs.
- You have a background in skilled hands-on work.
- You’re passionate about helping others.
- You’re detail-oriented.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing daily.
- You are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to multi-task.
- You’re curious about the physical world. You don’t mind learning about different woods, installation methods, and production techniques.
- You’re flexible. As with any growing company, this can be an unstructured and shifting environment. There’s a shared understanding that we’re still learning as we go, and we’re passionate about improving our products and processes.
- You have a good sense of humor 😀
A typical day involves…
- Sign assembly
- Packing and shipping orders
- Wood dying, staining, and finishing
- Sanding and preparing materials
Other duties may involve:
- Vinyl graphics application
- Operating laser cutter
- Inventory and shop organization
- Photography and video
The nitty gritty
- All work is produced at the Tinkering Monkey studio in Berkeley, CA.
- This is a contract position. Compensation depends on experience.
- On-boarding: During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly.
Please fill out the form below.