We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for someone to join our team and help us fabricate signs.
Tinkering Monkey is a custom architectural signage studio that takes a fresh, modern approach to crafting custom signage. We’re looking for someone who has experience in custom manufacturing and is confident working with their hands.
All fabricators are required to have at least 3 years of work experience in all skills in one of these core areas.
- Digital File Manipulation
- Vinyl Plotter
- ADA Machine
- Matthews Single Stage Paint System
All fabricators participate in sign assembly, packing and shipping, and assistance with on-site installations.
- You have a background in skilled hands-on work, with experience in fabrication and/or sign making.
- You’re passionate about helping others.
- You’re detail-oriented.
- You are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to multitask.
- You’re curious about the physical world. You’re excited about learning different types of wood species, installation methods, and production techniques.
- You’re flexible. As with any growing company, this can be an unstructured and shifting environment. There’s a shared understanding that we’re still learning as we go, and we’re passionate about improving our products and processes.
- You have a good sense of humor 😀
The nitty gritty
- All work to be done at the Tinkering Monkey studio in Berkeley, CA.
- This is a contract-to-hire position.
- Compensation depends on experience.
- On-boarding: During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Use of shop outside of business hours
- Annual PPE stipend
- Quarterly team outings
Contact Paula Chang at email@example.com