We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for someone to join our team and help us fabricate signs.
Tinkering Monkey is a custom architectural signage studio that takes a fresh, modern approach to crafting custom signage. We’re looking for someone who has experience in woodworking and is confident working with their hands.
- You have a background in skilled hands-on work, with experience in woodworking and/or sign making.
- You’re passionate about helping others.
- You’re detail-oriented.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing daily.
- You are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to multitask.
- You’re curious about the physical world. You’re excited about learning different types of wood species, installation methods, and production techniques.
- You’re flexible. As with any growing company, this can be an unstructured and shifting environment. There’s a shared understanding that we’re still learning as we go, and we’re passionate about improving our products and processes.
- You have a good sense of humor 😀
A typical day involves…
- Wood staining, painting and finishing
- Sanding and preparing materials
- Sign assembly
- Vinyl graphics application
- Packing and shipping orders
- Operating large power tools (table saw, bandsaw, planer, drum sander)
Other duties may involve….
- Basic electrical work
- Basic MIG welding
- Assistance with on-site installations
- Opportunity to learn operating laser cutter, CNC, and other machines
The nitty gritty
- All work to be done at the Tinkering Monkey studio in Berkeley, CA around core shop floor period (10am-5pm).
- This is a contract-to-hire position. Compensation depends on experience.
- On-boarding: During training, you’ll be expected to be proactive in your process and learn quickly.